What causes elevated BP levels and dehydration in an elderly woman?
How is her urination?
Hi and thank you so much for this query.
I am so sorry to hear about what your mother is going through. I will like that you tell me whether she's urinating enough or not. his blood pressure is high but an hour is short to evaluate whether this drug has had any effects or not at the moment. Her blood sugar is fine and will be very unlikely that she could be dehydrated from that. I will suggest that you control the blood pressure in another 3hours and if it remains more than 180/90, seek further care with her treating physician.
I hope this helps. I wish you well. Thanks for using our services and do feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Can dehydration cause an elevation in haemoglobin and hematocrit level
- Dehydrated light headed elevated bp
- What causes fluctuate bp
- What causes low bp
- What causes spike in bp level
- What causes high bp
- What illness causes dehydration
- What causes ulcerspolypblood in stoolbruising and dehydration
- What causes cellular dehydration
- High bilirubin level caused by dehydration