What causes electric shock type sensations in muscles, chills and nausea?
The symptoms are not related to HIV.
Welcome to HCM.
You had high risk unprotected vaginal sex but 4th generation test at 40 days and 6 weeks along with RNA PCR at 40 days are negative then no need to worry for HIV because these tests are highly reliable and accurate after one month.
The symptoms that you have could be due to other viral illnesses or seasonal changes but not related to HIV. Consult your physician to isolate the cause and follow the treatment regime. The chances of three false negative results are practically nil. I have never came across such a case in my practice.
HIV 2 is prevalent only in some parts of West XXXXXXX so don't worry about it. As your friend I suggest you to avoid such high risk activities and always practice safe sex to prevent future risk of HIV and other STDs. If any doubt left in your mind feel free to ask me and I am always available here to help you.
No need to re-test for STDs.
Welcome back and thanks for follow-up.
Red rash on face and chest may be due to some allergy or other fungal infection which is common during summer. Having multiple sexual partners is very high risk for HIV but the risk is very unlikely in your case because 4th generation test result after 6 weeks is negative so don't get too anxious or worried.
If all the STDs came out negative except HSV1 then there is no need to re-test as it is very common in most of the people as your doctor said. You need to go for repeat HIV testing after 3 months as per international guidelines to get 100% reliable and conclusive result till then be relaxed and move ahead in life.
The reason why I ask. Is because I have never felt this sick in my entire life. I'm really concern that I was misdiagnose.
The test is highly accurate after 30 days.
RNA PCR and 4th generation test is highly reliable and accurate after 30 days and the possibility of misdiagnosis is very unlikely so don't get tensed or worried as the risk is practically nil in your case.
I have not seen such a case.
I have not came across such case where negative result of 6 weeks turned out to positive after three months so be relaxed and don't worry about that.
P24 test is for detection of antigen not antibodies.
P24 assay is for detection of antigen not antibody and it will surely detect the infection if any present. That is why this test is highly reliable at 6 weeks so don't panic so much as the risk is very unlikely.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What can an electric shock cause bruising
- Causes of electric shock sensations
- Arm muscle pain caused by electrical shock
- What causes electric shock pain in neck
- What causes electric shocks down your arm
- What causes electric shock in brain and foggy head
- Burning sensation eyelid cause electric shock
- What causes electrical shock feeling in left shoulder
- Could electric shock cause type 1 diabetes
- Electric shock feeling in armpit painful what is causing it
- Do persistent dry cough after unprotected sex suggest HIV infection?
- What does my HIV rapid test report indicate?
- What are the chances of contracting HIV after having unprotected sex?
- Is the HIV DUO 4th generation test conclusive at 32 days post exposure?
- Is 4th generation chemiluminescence test for HIV conclusive at 28 days?
- Can HIV spread by using the medical scissors and tweezers?
- Is it possible for HIV RNA test not to detect virus if the viral load is...
- What are the risks of HIV when in contact with dry blood?
- Are negative HIV RNA test and third generation antibody test within...
- What are the chances of HIV transmission through protected sex?