What causes electric shock sensation through the body?

Question
Hi, why do I get a electrical like shock through my body when I walk lately?
Plus my last period was very irregular. It was just spots. Not a regular flow. Most times the napkin was unsoiled. I only see signs when I wipe.
Posted Sat, 16 Aug 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Suresh Heijebu 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
REQUIRE MRI SCAN FOR FURTHER EVALUATION

Detailed Answer:
Hi madam,

I have gone through your query carefully and have understood your concern. as per your clinical history,sensation of electric shock while walking strongly points towards a neurological origin most likely in the spinal cord.

It could have most likely aroused by a slipped disc plate over the spinal cord causing symptoms of cord compression.This can carefully be evaluated by an MRI scan .This can accurately diagnose the parasthesias(electric shock like sensations).

Regarding your menstrual cycle abnormalities,i would like to clarify that its unrelated to your electric shock sensations.your menstruation disturbances should be sought with the help of a concerned expert Gynecologist.

The further management in your case depends on the MRI SCAN -TOTAL SPINE IMPRESSION.Meanwhile inj methylcobalamin can help to control the parasthesias.

I hope and wish this feedback is quite useful to you.
post your further follow up QUERIES in case of a need.
Thank you.
Dr XXXXXXX