What causes electric shock like sensation in the knuckles?

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha

Posted on Mon, 13 Mar 2017 in General Health
Question: My husband has been having a pain, like an electrical shock, in his left knuckle(below little finger) and simultaneously just below the breast bone. It occurred a few weeks ago several times, then didn't happen for a long time, but the last few days has occurred several times, the last 2 have been very sharp. This isn't cardiac in nature is it? What could it be? He does have a Diuprens? Contracture in that area.
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Explanation provided.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone through your query and understand your concerns. There are two possibilities to consider:
* The first possibility is that of Vitamin B12 deficiency which could lead to poor nerve functioning. The problem involving multiple body parts speaks in its favor. If that is the case, taking Methylcobalamin 1500mcg capsules once daily for a couple of weeks should provide relief.
* The second possibility is nerve entrapment. Dupuytren's contracture speaks in its favor but having it below the breast bone cannot be explained. If that is the case, decompression will provide relief.

Let me know if I could help further.