• question-icon

What causes electric shock like pain in chest?

Posted on Wed, 1 Jun 2016 in Brain and Spine
Question: What is the cause of an electrical shock feeling in chest? It feels like someone touching electric wire to me and moving it around.
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Paraesthesia

Detailed Answer:

A feeling of electric shock in any part of the body could be due to abnormal nerve conduction.

When nerves from the spinal cord in the neck and chest are compressed or affected by any sort of defects, it may result in electric shock feeling in the upper limbs and chest.

I suggest you to get examined by a neurologist, if needed get an MRI scan to rule out any such nerve defects in the neck or chest.

Hope, I answered your query.

Wish you good health.

Dr. Raju A.T