What causes ectopic heartbeats?
Please refer to the detailed answer below
After reading the medical query raised by you I would like to tell you that this is known as ECTOPIC beats.
Ectopics are generally harmless if they are not very frequent. But if they are occurring quite frequently then they can interfere with filling of the blood inside the heart and needs evaluation.
It's advisable to get an ECG done to see the frequency of the ectopics and also to rule out any cardiac rhythm abnormality. Also cut down the intake of caffeine containing drinks like coffee if you are having them too much. Also smoking should completely be stopped.
I hope this information will answer your query.
Dr Bhanu partap
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes severe ectopic heartbeats after eating food
- Ectopic heartbeats causes
- Ectopic heartbeats and cerazette
- Ectopic heartbeat virus
- Is ectopic heartbeat congenital
- Experience of treatment for ectopic heartbeat
- Ventricular ectopic heartbeats causes
- Ectopic heartbeats and bloating
- Ectopic heartbeat and coughing
- Ectopic heartbeat in newborn