What causes easy bruising while being on Allopurinol?
allopurinol causes thrombocytopenia
I am Dr Mittal.
I have read your query. I think I would be able to help you.
The symptoms of the query are quite suggestive of a possible side effect of allopurinol.
Allopurinol has been reported to make the platelet count low.
this can cause significant bruises with minor injuries.
so that could be the explanation.
I have tried to make it as simple as possible. I hope that the information helps you. Please feel free to contact us for more information. Best of luck. Dr Mittal.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes easy bruising dizziness and fatigue
- Causes of dizziness and easy bruising
- Does allopurinol cause liver damage
- What causes unexplained bruises
- What causes bicep bruising
- What causes tingling on hands and legs when on allopurinol
- What causes bruised ankles
- What causes a bruise to harden
- Does allopurinol cause itchiness and rash
- What causes a bruised eyelid