What causes easy bruising on body?

Dr. Ashok Kumar

Psychiatrist

Posted on Thu, 15 Oct 2015 in Mental Health
Question: I get bruies from the slightest touch - On my hands, arms and legs what causes this? I am only taking two prescription medicines Paroxetine HCL 40 MG and Dexilan DR 30 MG every day.
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
The age and lack of vitamin C common cause

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic.

Easy bruises are very common late middle age due to loss of collagen in skin tissue and inefficient absorption of vitamin C from diet.

Rather than worrying I request you to supplement Vitamin C in your diet and avoid exposure to rough surfaces as far as possible.

Hope I am able to answer your concerns.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:
http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/dr-ashok-kumar/67386
Thanks and regards