What causes ear pain with fainting and dizziness?

Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan

Posted on Thu, 2 Feb 2017 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: Mild + ear ache and faint. One standing and one sitting in car on the way to ER. Can arrhythmia cause that? Maybe a stroke or ballooned vessels?

Just Diff DX if you don't mind. I know it is hard without seeing everything.

The ear pain has me puzzled. Well nothing makes sense to me as they said he is dealing with arrhythmia or Fib which I have had and never passed out.
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Needs work up and management

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking

I read your question and i understand your concern. Ear ache with fainting and dizziness is more of a local ear problem than heart or brain one ( arrhythmia & stroke). If he is diagnosed with arrhythmia and fibrillation then ear pain is a separate entity and not connected with arrhythmia. Inner ear diseases labyrinthitis etc can be the cause.

More gravid issue here is arrhythmia and fibrillation and that needs immediate addressing and hospitalisation and management accordingly. Stay in touch with his cardiologists and let them decide what is best for him. Ear pain can be managed with some painkillers and further management for it can wait.

I hope it helps. take good care of yourself and him and dont forget to close the discussion please.

Khan