• question-icon

What causes ear pain when diagnosed with acute pharyngitis?

Posted on Mon, 3 Jul 2017 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: This is with reference to my wife. She is having fever since 8th XXXXXXX We consulted a doctor on 9th who has prescribed few medicines. Attching the prescription.
Earlier the fever used to come and go in 3 hours but now the cycle has increased to 6 hours
The main problem is that she is having severe pain in ear .. specially the right ear. Since last 12 hours she is experiencing the same. Pls suggest if this is also a part of the viral fever and how to cure it
Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 5 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Acute pharyngitis with eustachian tube blockage

Detailed Answer:
Hi
From the complaints your wife is probably having severe throat infection like tonsillitis which is also causing ear pain due to eustachian tube blockage.
Please send me the pictures of her throat so that I can prescribe you accordingly. Also tell me does she have any Pain while swallowing.
She has been prescribed only antibiotics and fever relief.
start using hexidine gargles.
Follow up with the required information.
Thanks and regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal

ENT Specialist