• question-icon

What causes ear pain and balance issues?

Posted on Tue, 31 May 2016 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: I am having ear pains should i go to a Doctor??
Thank you XXXXXXX

I am having ear pain and my balance is off.
Do i need to flush out ny ears?
Thank you XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Yes, please do visit a doctor, a flush may not be required, but antibiotics

Detailed Answer:
Hello sir and welcome.

Thank you for writing to us.

I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help. Your symptoms of ear pain and vertigo (difficult with balance), are both probably symptoms of a ear infection (probably outer or middle ear infection) which has all the below listed symptoms:

+Ear pain
+Reduced hearing in that ear
+Sometimes a discharge
+Fever
+Difficulty with balance
+Headaches
+Loss of appetite
and a few others.

I would recommend a visit to an ENT specialist who will look into your ear and establish a diagnosis and according prescribe medications that should help you recovery rapidly and completely within a week or 10 days.

I hope you find my response both helpful and informative. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I am always here to help.
Best wishes.
Follow up: Dr. Shoaib Khan 5 hours later
Thank you so much! XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
It was my pleasure entirely

Detailed Answer:
Hi sir.

You are most welcome sir. Wishing you a rapid and complete recovery sir.

Best wishes.
Dr. Shoaib Khan