What causes ear pain along with vertigo?

Posted on Thu, 16 Nov 2017 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: I have occasional ear pain, neck gland pain left side only . Occasional sneezing nothing unusual. Tenderness above eyes. Vertigo stops as long as I take sudafed.
Answered by Dr. Ornela Ademovi 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Sinus infection most likely

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,

I understand your concern. Although there does not seem to be enough information to get a clear picture of what is going on, what you describe sounds like pressure pain from an infected sinus.

How long has this been going on?
Did you recently or do you currently have a cold?
By neck gland pain, do you mean swollen glands?
Are you experiencing fatigue, muscle pain, and sore throat too? Do you have a fever?

If none of the above are among the symptoms, I'd recommend you try nasal irrigation with a neti pot and saline water (instead of the nasal spray). This will help flush out the trapped mucus and relieve the pressure in your ear, nose and throat passages.

If you do not get any relief from this after irrigating a few times, then I recommend you see an ENT (ear, nose, throat) specialist for a physical exam and further evaluation.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have further questions.

Wishing you good health and all the best.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Ornela Ademovi