What causes ear pain after treatment of bells palsy?
Hi, thanks for your query.
Good you have 100% recovered from bells palsy. In this context pain you have in other ear is most likely due to post viral neuralgia.
It's been 6 weeks you have recovered from BP and since 2 weeks you are having the other ear pain.
This is normal in cases of BP.
But it doesn't signify that other ear is also affected. Neuralgic pain stay up to 3 months of recovery.
Give it some more time, it will resolve.
If symptoms persists, then can be treated with carbamazepine Tablet for a week for the pain.
Hope my answers have helped you.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Swelling and fluid in ear after having bells palsy
- Bell's palsy treatment with prednisolone
- Residual pain after bell's palsy
- Facial pain after bells palsy
- Fillers cause bells palsy
- What is the procedural treatment for bells palsy patient
- Does bells palsy cause pain
- Bells palsy caused by cyst
- Feeling of fullness in ear after bells palsy
- What is the treatment for bells palsy