What causes ear bleeding and hearing problem?

Dr. Naveen Kumar

ENT Specialist

Posted on Sat, 16 Aug 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: im 59 , me ears started bleeding; I drive in the mountains of XXXXXXX dayley, I having problems hearing;
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Barotrauma

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Thanks for posting the query

Unprovoked bleeding from the ear could be due to various reasons. To mention a few:

Barotrauma (Pressure related changes in the middle ear)
Acute otitis media (inflammation of the middle ear)
Otitis externa (inflammation of the external ear).

Without examination it is very difficult to pin point the exact cause of the bleeding. After going through the history, I do presume, your problem could be due to Barotrauma. Please, do consult your doctor for further evaluation.

Avoid water getting into the ears. Drink plenty of warm water. Avoid smoking.

Hope this answers your query; I'll be available for the follow-up queries.

Dr. Naveen Kumar N.
ENT and Head & Neck Surgeon
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad