• question-icon

What causes dysuria while on Myrbetriq?

Posted on Wed, 20 Apr 2016 in General Health
Question: I have started taking myrbetriq. I have taken 3 -25mg . I am having trouble with starting to urinate. Blaster is full but it takes a few seconds to start . There is pain like slow starting with pain getting to start and then stream is slow.
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Pain and slow urine stream related to Myrbetriq use....

Detailed Answer:

I have gone through your medical history carefully and understood your concerns.

Myrbetriq is a prescription medication used to treat over-reactive bladder. One of its side effects include inability to empty your bladder, pain and slow urine stream.
In such cases, I highly recommend to get back to the doctor who prescribed Myrbetriq and report this side effect to take proper measures.

Meanwhile, I advise to take mephenamic acid for the pain until you see your doctor.

All the best!
Dr.Albana
Dr. Albana Sejdini