What causes dull pain in right side of chest area?

Posted on Mon, 15 Jun 2015 in Abdominal Pain
Question: A couple hours ago i started having a dull pain on the right side of my chest under my right pectoral. Earlier today it was in the center of my chest and yesterday was on the left. Ive had a chest x ray done 3 months ago which passed (doctor said it was a panic attack) but now im feeling the pain again. CBC checked out ok couple months ago too. Is this just a muscle pain from anxiety?
Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes, it looks like anxiety related symptoms only.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your question on Health Care Magic.
I can understand your concern.
The way you are describing your pain and it's changing position, possibility of anxiety related pain is more.
You are also having normal chest x ray and blood counts, so no need to worry much for any major disease.
You already had panic attack so possibility of stress and anxiety related symptoms is more.
So better to consult psychiatrist and get done counseling sessions. Try to identify stressor in your life and start working on its solution.
You may need anxiolytic drugs too.
So avoid stress and tension. Be relax and calm.
Don't worry, you will be alright.
Hope I have solved your query.
I will be happy to help you further.
Wish you good health.
Thanks.
Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

Pulmonologist