What causes dull pain in knee during 7 weeks of pregnancy?
Mostly normal. Need some care.
Thanks for writing to us.
Dull ache around knee or low back region is quite COMMON during pregnancy period. It is NORMAL in most cases if there is NO external trauma or injury.
Pregnant women have a noticeable joint-softening effect during pregnancy, due to the hormone RELAXIN. It softens ligaments and relaxes joints so that a baby can pass through the pelvis during delivery. Softened joints are MORE flexible than normal and women may inadvertently strain their knees and other weight-bearing joints when standing or stretching. Special care needs to be taken.
TREATMENT: 1) Hot water bag or Cold Ice pack can be used alternatively to reduce dull ache around knee joint. It is most effective treatment during pregnancy.
2) Paracetamol can be taken safely as analgesia. Kindly, procure complete prescription from her doctor.
3) Take healthy nutritious diet with more green vegetables, do periodic visit to her doctor for fetal growth & well being and take adequate bed rest.
Hope, it helps for your information. Kindly, close the discussion if you don't have any other query.
Wish her good health and successful motherhood.
Dr S Patra
For future query, you can directly approach me through
Pelvic vein congestion.
Thanks for additional information and update.
During pregnancy, pelvic vein congestion is quite common due to growing uterus and leads to unexplained leg pain, swelling or hip pain.
The leg pain or swelling often becomes worse with exercise or long distance walking because of increased flow of blood into the legs.
Some patients with a pelvic vein congestion experience little leg pain, swelling around ankle, but most of them have pain in the pelvis. The pelvic pain may be intermittent or constant, often with changing degrees of discomfort.
Adequate bed rest with straightening of leg and use of two pillow at the foot end will help to reduce this type of leg pain. Hot water bag compression and paracetamol are also useful.
Kindly, consult with your treating doctor regarding this for careful examination and proper treatment.
Hope, I have answered your query. Kindly, close the discussion.
All the best and good luck.
Dr S Patra
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes shoulder pain during pregnancy
- What causes sharp knee pain
- What causes abdominal pains during pregnancy
- What causes pain in the knees and feet
- What is the cause and treatment for knee pain
- What could cause knee pain
- What causes intermittent pulsing dull pain in knee
- What causes painful swollen knee
- What causes pain in knee joint
- What causes persistent knee pain