• question-icon

What causes dull pain and twitches in leg?

Posted on Tue, 30 Jun 2015 in Veins and Arteries
Question: OK so i just got insurance and have to wait before seeing a doctor. IN the mean time i have leg issues. The muscles seem to be moving and twitching and sometimes i get a dull ache with them. I have no swelling..but i do worry this is related to DVT. I have back issues-very bad back issues as well. Could this be caused from my back or is it something to be very concerned about?
Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Your symptoms seem to be related to a lower limb nerve compression

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Thank you for your question on HCM!

Regarding your concern it doesn't seem to be related to deep vein thrombosis. This medical condition doesn't cause twitching, but leg swelling and pain, besides changes in the skin color.

I think that the muscular twitching is caused by pinched nerves or the lumbar column problem, which may compress the nerve roots which are responsible for the legs.

I would recommend you to consult with a neurologist, have a careful physical examination for neurological signs. An nerve conduction study (electroneurography) and electromyography may be needed to examine your lower limb nerves.
A lumbar spine MRI may be necessary to examine the spinal canal for any narrowing.

Hope to have been helpful!

Greetings! Dr. Iliri
Dr. Ilir Sharka

Cardiologist