What causes dull headache, body numbness and poor blood circulation in legs?

Dr. Noble Zachariah

Posted on Fri, 23 Oct 2015 in General Health
Question: MY step daughter had the following symptons: dull headache,numbness on the left side, dizzy, poor circulation in her legs and they hurt. she takes lotril.
Answered by Dr. Noble Zachariah 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Likely to be due to decreased blood flow

Detailed Answer:

Welcome and thanks for your query.
Appreciate your concern for your step daughter.
She has high blood pressure as I understand from her medicine.
Her symptoms are due to decreased blood flow to certain parts of her brain and the legs. Her blood pressure should be kept in the optimum range, not high or low.
Take Care
Follow up: Dr. Noble Zachariah 34 hours later
Thank you, I also learned she is not taking cholesterol her pills because it causes her major headaches.
Answered by Dr. Noble Zachariah 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
Try another

Detailed Answer:
If she has high cholesterol level, it is important that she take a medicine to lower it, as high cholesterol narrows blood vessels and makes the blood flow even lesser.
She could try another molecule which may not produce headache.

Best wishes to both of you,
Follow up: Dr. Noble Zachariah 2 days later
Thank you for your answers they seem to be what was suspected. But your explanation made more sense.

Thank you
Answered by Dr. Noble Zachariah 20 hours later
Brief Answer:
Welcome

Detailed Answer:
It was a pleasure interacting with you.
You are most welcome to get back to me if you have further queries.

Wish you both a good day and good health