What causes dryness around the outer layer of eye with headache?

Dr. N. K. Misra

Ophthalmologist

Posted on Tue, 27 Oct 2015 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: Hello Doctor
I have a severe drought in the eyes and I have a pain in the left eye as well as the higher brow headache from the left.
As I have dry skin and coldness of the extremities.
Analyses thyroid, sugar and ANA intact.
What is the solution
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
lubrication to be maintained

Detailed Answer:
My dear,
Thanks for sending your query to us.
Basically same dryness of skin is extending over to the outer layers of eye.This will give rise to pain ,irritation and a gritty feeling in the eye.
Lubricating eye drops many a times a day is the key.More so while using computers for a long period of time.Frequent bminkig also helps during prolonged computer work by spreading the tear film.
I feel i have answered your query fully,if any further query is there in this regard please do get back to us.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. N. K. Misra 17 hours later
Thanks Dr
Can you inform me type of lubricant and tears and how many times I should use them and how long.
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
lubricating eye drop

Detailed Answer:
My dear,
Thanks for getting back to us.
Refresh tears eye drops or tears naturale eye drops or tears plus eye drops are available good quality lubricating drops to be put in 3 to 4 times a day and should help you.
Any further query in this regard please do get bavk to us .
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj