What causes dryness and peeling of skin on hands?
Chronic hand eczema, take necessary precautions
I understand your concern regarding your skin problem and I hope I am able to help you in the same .
Now your problem seems to be that of chronic hand eczema.
The mainstay of treatment in your case is the use of topical steroid agents on and off.
The most important thing for you is to keep your hands moisturized always.
You should regularly apply either some oils like olive oil or almond oil or some good moisturizers over your hands atleast three to four times a day.
In addition, you need to apply Cortizone 10 cream over the affected areas twice a day . You can get this cream as an otc product .
Sometimes when there is a flare up of the condition with associated swelling, you might need to take short courses of oral antihistamines like benadryl .
Since you have an allergic tendency over hands, you should avoid contact with detergents and washing powders as much as possible or you should wear gloves while working with potential irritants .
Dr Geetika Paul
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes extreme dryness of skin and brittleness of nails
- What causes skin peeling on legs and hands
- What could cause seasonal painful peeling of skin on hands
- What causes flaking or peeling skin on the areolas
- What causes peeling of skin from body
- What is the cause of skin peeling in mouth
- What cause skin to peel
- What causes skin peeling inside the mouth
- Causes of skin peeling on hands
- What causes peeling skin on the toes