What causes dry scaly inner vaginal lips?

Question
Hi. The past week the inner lips on my vagina have felt a little dry or kinda crusty. The very bottom of the clitoris always seems to be sensitive also. It does not itch or hurt but it can be a little uncomfortable sometimes. so I am confused as to what it could be. I am sexually active but I'm nervous to have sex with it like this.
Posted Mon, 11 Aug 2014 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
vulvar infection needs management

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking
Dry and rusty labia and vaginal area and clitoris at the age of 18 while being Sexual lying active indicates a vulvovaginal Infections like vulvovaginits and herpes and hpv papilloma etc.
What ever is the etiology one thing is for sure it is am infection and most Likely a Sexually transmitted.some other possibilities are dermatitis psoriasis , intertrigo etc.
It needs a gynecological examination both with naked eye and aided eye like compos cope etc and complete clinical correlation is advised to sort out the likely cause. I would say giving genitals some rest would be wise here.
I hope it helps. Seek a gynecologist for further information and management. Take good care of yourself and don't forget to close the discussion please.
May the odds be ever in your favour.
Regards XXXXXXX