Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

193 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

What causes dry scaly inner lips of vagina?

Answered by
Dr. Geetika Paul


Practicing since :2008

Answered : 2609 Questions

Posted on Mon, 11 Aug 2014 in General Health
Question: Hi. The past week the inner lips on my vagina have felt a little dry or kinda crusty. The very bottom of the clitoris always seems to be sensitive also. It does not itch or hurt but it can be a little uncomfortable sometimes. so I am confused as to what it could be. I am sexually active but I'm nervous to have sex with it like this.
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Looks like fungal infection , should get better

Detailed Answer:

From the description , it looks like you have developed a mild fungal infection of the groin region .
Any kind of dryness, scaling , whitish discharge, redness or itching over genitals can be an early sign of a fungal infection .
You need to apply an antifungal cream like canestan cream over the affected areas twice a day for atleast ten days.
Do not apply any other cream or oil over the affected areas .
Wear cotton undergarments so as to decrease sweating .
Keep the affected areas clean and dry.

Hope it helps

Dr Geetika Paul
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

Recent questions on  Canestan

doctor1 MD

Non itchy non tender rash covering gentles. Need a diagnosis and treatment

doctor1 MD

Hi I think I have impetigo . I'm on an island in Bali and don't have access to a shop for next couple of days. I have Canesten cream Anusol plus hc cream Savlon cream Can I use any of these to treat in meantime? I also have amoxicillin 500mg x 21...

doctor1 MD

Hi I was in hospital for 2 weeks with a infected gall bladder & stones also infected pancreas . I also had trouble passing urine but that came back clear? Also came down with thrush wen I came home. Still having urinating & now it's burning inside...

doctor1 MD

I'm taking amoxicillin and have developed a yeast infection which i believe is common side effect of this. I have purchased a canesten oral capsule for this but i'm unsure if i can take this now to clear up the thrush or if i need to wait until i have finished my course of amoxicillin first. i concerned that if i take the Canesten tablet now the thrush will just return as i'm still taking the amoxicillin?