What causes dry scaly inner lips of vagina?

Dermatologist
Question
Hi. The past week the inner lips on my vagina have felt a little dry or kinda crusty. The very bottom of the clitoris always seems to be sensitive also. It does not itch or hurt but it can be a little uncomfortable sometimes. so I am confused as to what it could be. I am sexually active but I'm nervous to have sex with it like this.
Posted Mon, 11 Aug 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Looks like fungal infection , should get better

Detailed Answer:
Hi

From the description , it looks like you have developed a mild fungal infection of the groin region .
Any kind of dryness, scaling , whitish discharge, redness or itching over genitals can be an early sign of a fungal infection .
You need to apply an antifungal cream like canestan cream over the affected areas twice a day for atleast ten days.
Do not apply any other cream or oil over the affected areas .
Wear cotton undergarments so as to decrease sweating .
Keep the affected areas clean and dry.

Hope it helps

Dr Geetika Paul