What causes dry mouth, unquenchable thirst, low on energy and shortness of breath?
You should check your blood sugar
although the potential causes of polyuria (increased urination) are many I will refer to the most common ones, starting with the easiest to confirm or exclude:
- hyperglycemia (increased blood sugar) may cause increased urination, thirst and loss of body weight. Increased appetite is expected and various systemic symptoms like weakness, tiredness etc.
- hypercalcemia (increased blood calcium) may also cause increased urination.
- chronic kidney disease may cause increased urination particularly at night.
All of the above can be easily confirmed or excluded by blood tests like glucose, urea, creatinine, calcium, complete blood count etc
I hope I've helped!
I'll be glad to comment on test results if you have any.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Dry mouth causes and cures
- What causes nighttime dry mouth
- Dry mouth at night causes
- What causes dry mouth and roughness on tongue
- Medical causes of dry mouth
- What causes dry mouth
- Very dry mouth causes
- What causes dry mouth and metallic taste in mouth
- Dry mouth and shortness of breath symptoms
- What causes dry mouth syndrome