What causes dry mouth, dizziness and occasional palpitation while taking Alprostadil shots?

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Tue, 6 Sep 2016 in Men's Health
Question: HELLO MY PARTNER IS INJECTING HIMSELF WITH ALPROSTADIL/PHENTOLAMINE DIRECTLY ON HIS PENIS BEFORE INTERCOURSE AND ORAL SEX I HAVE BEEN EXPERIENCING A DRY MOUTH OCCASIONAL DIZZINESS WEAKNESS AND GENERAL UNWELLNESS OCCASIONAL PALPITATION ALTHOUGH I AM UNDER A LOT OF STRESS JUST NOW.. MY PARTNER AND I WERE WONDERING IF THERE COULD BE A CONNECTION TO THE DRUG HE IS INJECTING HIMSELF ALTHOUGH HE IS NOT EXPERIENCING ANY SIDE EFFECT THANKING YOU KINDLY
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
The symptoms that you have are not due to Alprostadil

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for your query .
Your husband is taking IntraCavernosal Injection of Alprostadil before sex to achieve hard erection .Alprostadil has local action of dilatation of arterioles on erectile tissue and is not absorbed in general circulation .

The symptoms like dryness of mouth ,dizziness,occasional palpitation that you are getting after giving oral sex are not due to side effects of Injection of Alprostadil .These symptoms are likely to be due to anxiety .You need to consult qualified Psychiatrist for evaluation and further treatment .

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions , I shall be happy to help you .
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.