What causes dry heaving after alcohol withdrawal?
Mild withdrawal symptoms, not dangerous
Hello sir and welcome.
Thank you for writing to us.
I have gone through your query with dilgence and would like you to know that I am here to help.
As you have mentioned only constant dry heaves, from the International Assessment of Alcohol Withdrawal scoring system, your symptoms are considered mild (with a score of 7). Although the dry heaves can be quite annoying, I would not say they are serious enough to cause panic, but I would still recommend a doctors visit to help suppress your withdrawal symptom and also to help you to withdraw from alcohol on a more permanent basis.
In response to your query, I would not consider your presentation dangerous, but it is certainly a withdrawal symptom to alcohol. If at all you experience any other symptoms in addition to the dry heaving, you will have to report to a doctor immediately sir. For now, no emergent medical attention will be required, but you should schedule an appointment at your earliest convenience.
I hope you find my response helpful sir. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help you.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is jaundice and why do patients develop jaundice after alcohol withdrawal
- Alcohol withdrawal delirium causes
- Can alcohol withdrawal cause cystitis
- What causes bloating from alcohol withdrawal
- Does alcohol withdrawals cause neck stiffness
- Alcohol withdrawal syndrome causes
- Alcohol withdrawal symptoms causes
- Alcohol withdrawal causes
- Does alcohol withdraw cause numbness in arm
- Headaches and cloudy urine after alcohol withdrawal
- Not getting proper sleep, don't want to take sleeping pills. What to take?
- Radiation done for tongue cancer. Started getting pain. How to overcome...
- How to get rid of swollen and painful inner labia?
- Have bradycardia. Got positive stress test and qrs-t angle on ekg. Risk...
- Suffering from chronic acute bronchitis and recurrent pneumonitis. Safe...
- Hard bump appeared on inner thigh and lower abdomen. What could be...
- Have severe dry eye. On Restasis. Used moisture pads. Nothing helped....
- Have osteoporosis. Is it safe to stop taking fosomax while on calcium...
- Sudden pop sound in back. Experiencing pain and hot flashes. Took...
- Suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder and bipolar 2. Why am I...