What causes dry foreskin that is difficult to retract?

Dr. T Shobha Deepak

Posted on Mon, 25 Aug 2014 in Penis Problems
Question: Hi I have what feels like dry foreskin and it constantly feels warm. The foreskin looks differen then normal and it is slightly more difficult to retract. Since it started I have have two red dots on my penis head. These red dots are very small, don't hurt, don't produce discharge, they are not growing, and they are not, bumps. The base of the penis is also slightly more red than the rest of the penis. I was wondering if this can be caused by the foreskin? And is this a yeast infection?
Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Likely to be fungal infection

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to Healthcare-Magic
Greetings of the day

Difficulty in retraction of foreskin is likely to be due to adhesion between prepuce and glans caused by Balanoposthitis. In majority of cases it is fungal in origin.
I would suggest you to get back to me with clinical photograph for further assessment and advise.

Awaiting your response

Best regards
Dr T Shobha Deepak
MBBS, MD
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju
Follow up: Dr. T Shobha Deepak 1 hour later
This website won't allow me to upload a picture... but all else I can say is that the foreskin does retract.. but it feels like there is resistance and it appears to be swollen a little bit. I suspect it might be irritated because ive been nervously checking it over and over again. Does this make sense? Do you have any other questions?

I uploaded a picture.. let me know what you think
Brief Answer:
It is due to Balanoposthitis

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Thanks for the clinical picture. It is quite clearly due to Balanoposthitis which is inflammation of glans and prepuce.

I would suggest you the following
1. Hot Seitz bath : To a tub of lukewarm water add 2 spoon of dettol. Sit in it for 15 to 20 minutes each session twice a day.
Retract back the prepuce and clean it thoroughly getting rid of whitish secretion known as smegma which is possible cause of inflammation.

2. After bath retract back the prepuce and apply Combination of Clotrimazole (antifungal) and Betamethasone (steroid). Replace back the prepuce. Do it twice a day for 2 weeks.

Best regards
Dr T Shobha Deepak
Follow up: Dr. T Shobha Deepak 7 hours later
Thanks so much! !! Can I find clotrimazole and betamethazone in a store?
Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes it can be found in store

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Yes you can definitely find it in store . Some of brand names are Candid B and Betnovate.

Best regards
Dr T Shobha Deepak