What causes dry cough and ticking sensation in the throat while on Flecainide?
Hello and thank you for asking in HCM
I can understand your concern
As you explain the history of the cough it seems to me that this might be related to alergy but Benedryl its an antihistaminic medication and it is not the first choice in this case.You can use it once before sleeping if you have other alergic symptoms like sneezing or itching but not for the cough.
If you were my patient i would strongly recommend you to take steroids inhalers (like Flixotide puffs twice) for maximum 2-3 months depending on your situation. You can use it safely
Usually steroids are the first choice of treatment in alergic cough.
So please discuss with your treating doctor for the above.
I am sure you will be better soon.
Take care and feel free to ask me again
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes a dry cough
- Continuous dry cough causes
- Saliva causing my tickly dry cough and choking
- Dry cough causes
- What causes dry cough with headaches and leg cramps
- Constant dry cough causes
- What causes tingling sensation near the uvula causing dry cough
- Is dry cough in throat caused due to asthma problem
- Melatonin causes dry cough?
- What causes dry cough after fever