What causes dry cough after smoking?
Smoking is the likely cause
Welcome to Healthcare-Magic
Greetings of the day
Excessive smoking affects the ciliary action of respiratory tract ( main function of cilia is to expel out the thickened secretion ) . This leads to pent up secretion in the respiratory tract , excessive consumption of alcohol leads to dehydration due to diuretic action of alcohol which further worsens the condition.
I would suggest you the following
1. Ensure Good intake of water and fluids
2. If possible completely avoid smoking and drinking
3. Warm Saline Gargling: To a glass of lukewarm water add 2 spoons of salt and gargle the throat thrice a day. it will help in reducing the congestion of throat and liquify the secretion
4. Sipping honey : sipping 1-2 spoons of honey will be helpful
5. Expectorant/Mucolytic Cough syrup will be helpful
DO get back to me if you need any further assistance, will be glad to assist you
Dr Shobha Deepak
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes a dry cough
- Continuous dry cough causes
- Inactive , dry cough causes
- Dry cough causes
- What causes dry cough with headaches and leg cramps
- Dry cough causes after surgery
- Constant dry cough causes
- Dry cough after quitting smoking
- Melatonin causes dry cough?
- What causes dry cough after fever
- Taking Limcee for TB. What could be the reason for blood in sputum?
- Noticed increase in blood pressure after eating. Colonoscopy and CT scan...
- Should I be concerned about a lump under my right clavicle?
- Can Loprin be taken at 5 weeks pregnancy?
- What is the reason for skin around nose and hair line turning black?
- Suffering from loose motion after taking azithral for sore throat...
- What is the reason for numbness in leg and body after walking on thread...
- What is the cure for chest contraction and back muscle that developed...
- What is the cure for persistent nausea?
- Can drinking coffee and smoking causes gloating, nausea and dizziness?