What causes drowsiness, fatigue and dry throat after eating raw rice?
It has damaging effect on the gastrointestinal tract
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. Please be informed that raw rice contains unboiled starch but unless starch is boiled, it is very hard for the body to digest. Thus, you are putting your body at stress. Furthermore, this raw rice is hard and therefore difficult to pass through the gastrointestinal tract. This absorbs water and may lead to dehydration. This is the likely cause that you are developing dry throat and drowsiness. Fatigue and drowsiness could also be due to lack of energy since the raw rice gets poorly digested. Allergic manifestations too are not unlikely.
In short, the only way out is to give up taking raw rice irrespective of how much you like it. The other option is to accept the ill effects that you have described, and more. I do not suppose that is a good option. Therefore stopping your raw rice intake seems to be a more rational option.
As of now, take plenty of ORS (oral rehydration solution) and that should take care of the issue for now.
Let me know if I could help further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Does benicar cause drowsiness
- Extreme fatigue drowsiness throughout the day thirst frequent headaches cause
- What causes drowsiness at noon
- Fatigue and drowsy after taking wellbutrin mirapex reason
- Leukemia and lump in throat causing drowsiness
- Drowsy after eating sugar
- Feeling drowsy after eating
- Drowsiness after eating
- Does doxinate cause drowsiness and fatigue
- Drowsiness causes