What causes drowsiness and tightness in shin?

Posted on Fri, 19 Jun 2015 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: left large toe feels sleepy and left shin seems to tighten as I walk or work out on treadmill
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Nerve compression likely.

Detailed Answer:
The feeling of sleepy and tightness is likely to be due to nerve root compression at the level of lumbar spine due to age related degenerative changes of the spine. It can also be related to decreased calcium and vitamin D3 levels or diabetes.
An MRI scan of the lower back will help in proper diagnosis. Bach stretching and strengthening exercises and methylcobalamin supplements will help in improvement of symptoms.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon