What causes drowsiness after taking Benadryl and Pepcid for hives?
Change Benadryl for a non sedating antihistamine.
Welcome and thanks for your query.
You are feeling sleepy because you are taking Benadryl which is a sedating first generation antihistamine. You can change that for a second generation non sedating antihistamine like desloratidine (Aerius) and you would not sleep during the day.
Do get back to me if you have any further queries.
Wish you a good day and good health
Available OTC in many countries
Yes , it is available OTC.
There are some others in the same class with varying degrees of sedation but less than Benadryl. I have enumerated some of them below
Allegra Allergy 24 Hour
QlearQuil All Day & All Night 24 Hour Allergy Relief
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Drowsy after taking tylenol acetaminophen
- What causes drowsiness at noon
- Is benadryl drowsy
- Benadryl and pepcid for hives
- What causes frequent hives
- What causes hives rash
- What causes hives 2 weeks after turp
- Non-drowsy benadryl for hives
- Taking proper sleep feeling drowsy underlying cause
- Drowsiness causes
- Can hepatitis C be cured?
- Does tonsillitis cause systemic infection or UTI?
- Suggest treatment for liver cirrhosis
- What causes pain in right side and pain radiating to lower back?
- What causes sharp pain in rib cage below shoulder blade?
- What causes rhythmic contraction of the diaphragm?
- What is the treatment for radiculopathy?
- Is Zentel to be taken before or after a meal?
- What causes pain in upper abdomen radiating to left side?
- How long Lupron injections need to be continued for prostate cancer?