What causes dropped nose tip after rhinoplasty?

Dr. Rahul Kumar

Dermatologist

Posted on Thu, 20 Nov 2014 in Sun Burn
Question: Hello Doctor,
I gone through Rhinoplasty (dipressed dorso and nose tip dropping) in March 2013. Operation done in Pune(Ruby hall) by female doctor(ENT surgeon , not cosmetic surgeon). I have no functional problem of nose.
Few details about operation :
Septam removed and ear cartilage used for making nose bridge(but at the junction ,littile hump is still visible),Osteotomy done for narrowing nose wideness.According to doctor i must wait for 1 year than after can go for second surgery(after 3months when i went for follow up). It was open tip Rhinoplasty, Collumela was not supported so tip is dropping. from front it looks like tip is pressed from top.
Healing time : I was asked not to do any exercise ,gym till 3 months.The dark circles because of Osteotomy took 3 months to get normal color.
My Queries:
Now its 1year 7 month gone after operation, But my nose tip still dropping and nostrils became small because of that less air enters inside of nose .I want to go through another surgery. Please suggest shall i choose same doctor (lady doctor) , or i can go for another doctor(1 cosmetic surgeon and 1 ENT surgeon) , is second surgery is more complicated than first.
I am uploading 2 snaps(BEFORE and after) , My age is 36years . I follow yoga so no health problems. But i am very afraid because after surgery nose shape get change dramatically.I am witnessed of this. Please suggest how can i choose right doctor, I have consult with few MS ENT surgeons and one Cosmetic surgeon .Or suggest me good doctor , My preference is Pune(Maharashtra)
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
go with same doctor

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for the query and photographs.
The doctor has done a good job. I can see considerable change in your face after surgery. However sometimes it is not possible to get desirable results in one surgery and another surgery is required.
I would suggest you to go to the same doctor as she knows your case. She will take better care of you because she has to give results. Also she will exactly know which tissue she has cut from where.
Its better to go with same doctor rather than changing.
Let me know if you have any other doubts.
Thank you
Follow up: Dr. Rahul Kumar 2 days later
Hello Doctor,
Diwali Wishes...!!
I met with same doctor , she told me that she can improve tip (My nose tip is down , from front it looks pressed from tip) , but at least she have to put 1mm ear graft at each nostril(If she put half it will create no effect), After this my nostril will become large which will look more bad , (She used "SHOW" terminology for large nostrils) , another doctor which is pure cosmetic surgeon , he suggested that he can do and it will look 80% better from the present.
How can both are different for same nose. Please suggest whom to follow and on what basis. Is there any approach which my doctor follow and i can get visible nostrils (Please see BEFORE_Nostril_1.jsp image) and little upward tip.
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
see their results

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for the follow up. Wish you a prosperous diwali.
I checked the photograph again. There is a slight depression. I believe it requires graft. However graft uptake is major issue. There are high chances of graft failure.
Doctors do different surgeries in different ways hence they vary in their approach.
Its better to see the results. Ask the doctors to show the photograph of results of surgery they have done earlier. This will help in deciding.
Thank you
Follow up: Dr. Rahul Kumar 36 hours later
Hello Doctor,

Thanks for replying.
Please suggest me best experienced rhinoplasty surgeon in XXXXXXX .

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
dr prabhash

Detailed Answer:
Hello
It is hard to say who is best but Dr prabhash, Dr XXXXXXX are few well known names. You can get their details on net.
Thank you
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Rahul Kumar 2 days later
Hello Doctor,
Thanks for giving the name.
Is Doctor XXXXXXX from XXXXXXX Kindly confirm once for both address for given Names(Dr. XXXXXXX and Menon)

Thanks,
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 23 hours later
Brief Answer:
you are correct

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for the follow up.
Yes you are correct about your details.
Other information about them is Easily available on net.
Thank you