What causes drop in blood sugar level after having food?

Excellent

Diabetologist
Question
My blood sugar levels in the morning (fasting) and 2 hrs after eating it's lower. ex. before 102 after 86? Why does it drop instead of going up?
Posted Fri, 15 Aug 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. M. Vamsi Krishna 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hello

Detailed Answer:
dear Madam I can understand your concern
To judge your condition I need to know some information from you.
what is your height and weight
Do you have any family history of diabetes
how offten you do exersise or walking
kindly give this informations to proceed for further discussion.
regards
Dr XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Diabetologist

Follow-up: What causes drop in blood sugar level after having food? 1 hour later
I am 5'2", I weigh 128.5, I am adopted so I don't know if any of my family had diabetes. and I belong to a gym. I go 2-3 times a week for about 45 min. I use10 machines and use a rowing machine, and walk on the treadmill. I do take Synthroid for Hasimoto's, Femara fro breast cancer treatment( Post treatment), Singular for allergies and Symbicort for Chronic Bronchitis and Medcor to lower my cholesterol, it's about 150. Thanks for your help!

Answered by Dr. M. Vamsi Krishna 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
hi there

Detailed Answer:
Dear madam thank you for providing the information needed.

i am very happy to see that you are going to gym and very active.

After analysing your medical history i am able to make out that you are slightly over weight and your doctor also diagnosed as pre diabetes.

Pre-diabetes means that the body is already having trouble getting your blood sugar numbers down to a healthy range, but it hasn't yet reached a level considered diabetic. It also means you have the power to take important steps that can help you avoid diabetes.

The main reason for falling of blood sugar might be due to mismatch of glucose absorption and first phase insulin release.

During very early stage of pre diabetes,After taking food the signal from our stomach will reach pancreas in a delayed time.usually in a healthy individual the release of insulin and glucose absorption will be synchronized.
Due to loss of this synchronization and delayed release of insulin the sugar will drop more than expected.
To this mechanism insulin resistance also will contribute a little.This mechanism is called as Reactive hypo glycemia

i am very happy to say that you are already adopted active lifestyle by going to gym regularly.This kind of active lifestyle will keep diabetes away from you.
please follow a balanced diet pattern.
Have a diabetes free and healthy life
Dr XXXXXXX Krishna
Diabetologist

Thank you so much for the information! I plan to stay active and play golf as often as I can afford it. I forgot to mention I played, as well as going to the gym. I felt your answers were excellent and very informative. I am watching what I eat and have reduced the cold drinks and any sweets I consume! I otherwise feel great and have an active and enjoyable life with friends and family!! And most important I beat Breast Cancer!! almost 5 years free! Thanks to wonderful doctors like you!! Thank you again!! Beth

Answered by Dr. M. Vamsi Krishna 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Welcome

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your appreciation
Have a good health and happy life.
kindly add a review and rate our service

Dr XXXXXXX