What causes drooping of the mouth on the left side, and difficulty in eating and drinking?

Dr. Suma Parinam

Posted on Fri, 7 Dec 2018 in Brain and Spine
Question: I am having extremely watery eyes and cannot seem to be able to purse my lips together. I can't tell if it is one side of my face that I am having trouble with. But when I try to press my lips together I am unable to. I cannot seem to be able to close my right eye. Any ideas? My lips are drooping on the left side. I have started noticing problems with eating and drinking.
Answered by Dr. Suma Parinam 51 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Bell's Palsy?

Detailed Answer:

You are showing symptoms of facial nerve palsy also called Bell's palsy.

How long it is been like this? Do you have weakness of limbs as well? If you stick out your tongue, is the tip remaining the middle or one sided?

If this is Bell's palsy it can be temporary and would get better with time. However I strongly suggest a clinical examination for any person at this age for these kind of symptoms.

Please see a primary care physician for the same.

Hope I have answered your query.

Take care,

Dr. Suma Parinam