What causes drooling in a 2 year old infant?
Check for medical causes of drooling
I have gone through your question and understand your concerns. Do not worry. In a developmentally normal toddler, drooling is most likely due to treatable medical causes such as oral ulcers, teething, tonsillitis or pharyngitis and allergies. So, check her for these causes. The treatment will be based upon the cause. You may visit an ENT specialist for clinical evaluation if in doubt.
If the child doesn't show any signs and symptoms of above causes then the reason can be acid reflux disease. A good fibre rich balanced diet, plenty of water intake, slight elevation of head end of bed while sleeping and metaclopromide (antireflux medicine) will be of help in that case.
Hopefully it will be of help. I would be happy to help you out in any further questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Spinal stenosis cause drooling
- Excessive drooling causes
- Drooling causes
- What could cause excessive saliva drool in a septuagenarian
- Salivary drooling causes
- Cause of excessive drooling in child
- Nocturnal drooling causes
- What causes excessive drooling in infants
- What causes excess salivation and drooling in children
- Minimal drooling causes