What causes dizzy spells with normal thyroid levels?

Dr. Manisha Jain

OBGYN

Posted on Sat, 30 Aug 2014 in Women's Health
Question: I have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. In October 2013 I was not diagnosed with Hypothyroidism and my Thyroid was fine. Is it possible to develop a Thyroid condition within 10-11 months of the Thyroid test and bloodwork taken? I fainted 2 weeks ago, reason unknown, and dizzy spells continue. Cardiologists and Neurologists find nothing wrong. Can it be Thyroid levels? (I was prescribed metformin but do not take it, it makes me too sick. So I live affected by pcos)
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
ENT EVALUATION

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX thanks for trusting health care magic.
Firstly I would like to clear that thyroid hormone levels can show derangement within 6-8 weeks of last normal report.
But at the same time subclinical deranged levels of hormones cannot lead to dizzy spells as in your case.
In my opinion you need an ENT Surgeon because your symptoms seem to be related to inner ear problem.
And in case everything comes out to be normal then you should get an EEG immediately after next attack because at times EEG signs disappear after after the spell in case there is a lapse of few hours between the attack and neurological evaluation.
I hope I have answered your questions but in case you have any other query I will be happy to help.