What causes dizziness with pins and needles sensation in arms?

Posted on Mon, 11 Aug 2014 in Brain and Spine
Question: I wonder if you can give me any guidance on the following symptoms

Very dizzy, felt like I was going to faint every 6 weeks or so
General dizzy/lightheadedness every other day or less
Eyes wobbly, felt like they were crossing 3 times since XXXXXXX
Bent down this morning and felt slightly lightheaded, sudden pins and needles in arm for 30 seconds
Constant yawning
General spaced out feeling

Had bloods tests done for Iron, Thyroid, Diabetes, Kidney, Liver, all fine.
Had Heart Trace, beats per minute between 50 - 60 but other than slow no problems
Answered by Dr. Prashant Sharma 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
nonspecific symptoms

Detailed Answer:
hi madam,

The symptoms you elaborated are nonspecific. These can be present in many diseases like thyroid disorders, psychiatric disorders, hormonal/endocrine disorders, or disorders related to nervous system. But as you said that thyroid, kidney, liver are all fine. So it rules out problems related to these systems.

In anxiety usually heart rate goes high. Low heart rate is usually present in athletes, who do a lot of exercise daily. In absence of such activity, heart rate of less than 60 should warn us to rule out cardiac rhythm disturbances. That can be done by an ECG and consultation with a cardiologist. Sleep disorders (poor sleep at night )due to any reason, may give rise to such disturbances in day time. Your treating doctor need to look into this aspect too.

In a nutshell, the symptoms that you posted are not specific to any organic medical condition; nothing in reference to cancer. I would refer you to a physician who can perform a good clinical examination and rule out serious problem if any and to guide you further.

Feel free to ask further.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Prashant Sharma

Oncologist, Surgical