What causes dizziness while on Duphaston?

Posted on Sat, 8 Apr 2017 in Women's Health
Question: My last period was on 12th Feb. I ovulated on Day 14 (25th Feb) and got IUI done the same day. I was told to take duphaston for 15 days (twice a day). I tested for pregnancy on 14th March but it was negative.Neither I have not got my periods yet (16th March).I am neither experiencing any pre-menstrual symptom nor any strong pregnancy symptom (except dizziness sometimes). I otherwise have a regular cycle of 29 days.My doctor asked me to repeat the test after 3-4 days.Please advice if this is the case of pregnancy or delayed period?
Answered by Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please repeat urine pregnancy test on 18th March.

Detailed Answer:
Hi there, Dr. Purushottm Neurgaonkar welcomes you to HCM VIRTUAL CLINIC. I have gone through your question, and I think I have understood your concern. I will suggest you the best possible treatment options.

As you have ovulated and had IUI done on 25th February, you need to wait for 2 weeks means till 11th of March, to expect yourcycles if you are not pregnant.
As your recent pregnancy test is negative, please wait for a week more.
If you still do not have your periods, then please get morning's first sample of urine tested for pregnancy.

If at all you begin your periods in between , then please communicate with your treating doctor.

Please feel free to communicate with me if needed. .
I hope this answer helps you.
Thanks.
Dr . Purushottam Neurgaonkar.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar 43 minutes later
Thanks Doctor

Is there any particular brand of pregnancy kit thay you recommend or any brand can be relied upon?
Answered by Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar 46 minutes later
Brief Answer:
pregnancy test kit is standard pharma company.

Detailed Answer:
Hi there,
Thanks for appreciating the answer and reverting back.
As such any brand of urine pregnancy test kit is fine .
I usually recommend test kit of a standard pharma company.
Please feel free to communicate after getting the test done.

I hope this answer helps you. Thanks.
Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Follow up: Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar 1 hour later
Hi Doctor- I had brown discharge few minutes back. Should I assume it to be delayed period? Or there can still be a chance of pregnancy?
Answered by Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
If it is scanty, get Urine test done. If free flow then it's menses.

Detailed Answer:
Hi there,

As you have mentioned that you are getting brownish discharge, if it is a free flow like that of regular periods then you can assume that it is your periods.

If it is scanty discharge, then please get morning's first sample of urine tested for pregnancy, as discussed earlier.

I hope this answer helps you.
Thanks.
Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar

OBGYN