• question-icon

What causes dizziness while on Coreg?

Posted on Thu, 20 Jul 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: my wife takes coreg twice a day and hydrochlorothiazide once a day. she gets dizzie can she take only one coreg a day and be okay
Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hypotension

Detailed Answer:
Dear sir,
I have gone through your question and I understand your concerns .

both drugs are used to treat hypertension so their combination might be causing hypotension . hypotension can be the cause of the dizziness she is experiencing . I would recommend that she measures her blood pressure and if found to be lower than 120/80 then she should take only once daily Coreg after consulting her doctor. she should also check on her blood pressure on daily basis for 10 days after reducing the Coreg dose to make sure that it is within normal levels .

I hope I answered your question. if you don't have any other clarifications then please close the discussion.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Salah Saad Shoman