question-icon

What causes dizziness when i move fast?

Posted on Wed, 20 May 2015
Question: I had unexplained dizziness 2 weeks ago for two nights, when I'd get up to use the bathroom. I have experienced it again today, it seem more so when I close my eye for a moment and open them or when I move fast. I am a diabetic and take pills fro high blood pressure, high cholesterol and diabetes. I was for a check up less than a month agao and everything was fine.
Answered by Dr. Saumya Mittal (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
3 possible causes

Detailed Answer:
Hi
I am Dr Mittal. I have read your query. I think I would be able to help you. The symptoms of the query are quite suggestive of 3 possible causes -
1. ortho static hypotension. In this case, the bp falls on getting up from bed. The trick is to take more fluids and contract the leg muscles for 2 mins before getting back to the feet.
2. Hypoglycaemia
3. Hypotension.
The last two need testing of the bp and sugars and changing the therapy according to the report.
I have tried to make it as simple as possible. I hope that the information helps you. Please feel free to contact us for more information. Best of luck. Dr Mittal.
Dr. Saumya Mittal

Diabetologist