• question-icon

What causes dizziness when diagnosed with electrolyte imbalance?

Posted on Mon, 10 Jul 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: This weekend I started having what I call "jerking" or "flinching" around my eyes and become dizzy for about a second. It isn't a physical jerk, which is why it is hard to explain, and it is in the front portion of my head. This has happened in the past, but has not lasted as long as this has. Eyesight not affected. If I am walking or standing, I do not feel as sure of my gait when this happens since I have that instance of dizziness. I have closed my eyes and do not notice it nearly as much.
When I was a teenager (40+ years ago) I was anemic, but my dr. has done regular checks twice a year at my check-ups and not found anything like this.
Thank you. XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Due to electrolyte imbalance - take juicy fruits like citrus fruits

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. It seems that you are having myoclonus which could occur if somehow you have developed an electrolyte imbalance. Take juicy fruits like citrus fruits. They contain plenty of potassium which should help in proper functioning of the muscles and should resolve your complaints. I would also insist you to increase total fluid (water) intake and to take plenty of ORS (oral rehydration solution).

Let me know if I could help further.

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha