What causes dizziness, weakness and rapid heart beat?

Dr. Lohit K

Posted on Mon, 16 Jun 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: I have been experiencing dizziness, weakness, rapid heart beat, clamminess, feeling like I am going to faint, with a sudden cold feeling in my feet. It was happening infrequently, now it's two or three times a day and in between I feel weak and lightheaded. I went to an EMT and he said I have some liquid in my inner ear, but could that cause all this?
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
needs cardiovascular evaluation.

Detailed Answer:
I went through the query and understood your concern.

The dizziness can happen due to some free fluid in inner ear. But the rapid change in heart rate, feeling cold in feet, dizziness also points towards cardiovascular vascular source. Therefore in my opinion before we attribute those entirely to ear, a cardiovascular check will be needed.

I would order for ECG, echocardiogram and also TMT along with glucose and BP monitoring. This will help in diagnosis and further management.
Check for complete hemogram once with the above said investigations.

For now be relaxed, have plenty of water and nutritious food.

I hope this information helps you and answered your concern. Feel free to ask for any further queries. I will be glad to answer them.

Wish you good health and faster recovery.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad