What causes dizziness upon standing and headache along with low BP?

Dr. Sameer Maheshwari

Cardiologist

Posted on Tue, 24 Apr 2018 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: My husband has several episodes a day of low blood pressure - dizziness upon standing up that can last several minutes, headache, light looks brighter, feels drugged, shortness of breath, feels exhausted. BP this morning was 77/44. He's 63.
Answered by Dr. Sameer Maheshwari 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Is he taking any medication

Detailed Answer:

This is Dr Sameer, cardiologist.
Dizziness upon standing, headache, Giddiness can be explained by low BP.
But why is he having low BP.
Is he taking any medication? Is their any fever or other sign of any infection?
I would also recommend you have a 2D Echo done to rule out any possible cardiac abnormality causing such low BP.
In the meanwhile I will recommend him to have plenty of water with salt in it. Also take good meal all 3 times of day.

Thanks and take care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad