What causes dizziness, tremors and anxiety after taking Tryptomer and Bupron?

Posted on Mon, 8 Jun 2015 in Mental Health
Question: I am taking Bupron in the morning. At night Tryptomer. After taking bupron I am getting Diziness & Shakes and a kind of anxiety. Please help with some suggestion
Answered by Dr. Vipul Prajapati 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Need to evaluate

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,

Thank you for your query.

First of all i would like to tell you that dizziness and shakes may be due to anxiety or it may be due to side effect of bupron.

If you feel that it is due to bupron than temporary stop it and see whether there is improvement in symptoms.
If it is due to bupron, it will clear off with in week .
If still same features persist you need to change medicine bupron and take other more potent anti anxiety medicines like venlaflexine, desvenlaflexine, paroxetine etc..

Bupron is Norepinephrine and dopamine antagonist so sometimes it will not having much effect on anxiety symptoms.

You can take temporary benzodiazepins like clonazepam or lorazepam for SOS basis.

Consult your treating doctor and discuss about it.
Thank you
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Vipul Prajapati 23 minutes later
I was suffering from Alcohol Withdrawal Synderom. I took Liberium for 20 days. I got cured. After 25 days it started again. Please let me know a time duration for withdrawl cure
Answered by Dr. Vipul Prajapati 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You need to continue librium and gradually decrease it

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,

Normally alcohol withdrawal symptoms persist from 1 week to 3 month. Sometimes withdrawal features last long when there is any medical condition associated with it. Therefore I think you need to take librium for more days and gradually taper it. Discuss with your treating doctor.

In addition for alcohol withdrawal anxiety symptoms you need to take benzodiazepins like lorazepam, clonazepam, chlordiazepoxide, etc. Choice of medicine depend on individual profile and liver function test.

If you have still persist to have symptoms then you need to use more potent anti anxiety medicines.

Thank you

Dr. Vipul Prajapati

Psychiatrist