• question-icon

What causes dizziness, temporary vision distortion and leg pain when diagnosed with sinusitis?

Posted on Tue, 18 Jul 2017 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: I am 63 years old and appx. two weeks ago I was bitten by a spider between my first ans second toe on my left foot. The result felt like a gout episode (I have had one of these only). Resulting symptoms have been weakness, night sweats and I had a problem with my left eye that began with a sore spot in the eye socket (left eye), then swelling in the area below the eye, or sinuses. I went to the VA and they diagnosed it as sinusitis. I get dizzy when I stand up quickly and at times my vision is distorted in the left eye. This morning I woke up with moderate leg pain in both legs and sweating.
Answered by Dr. V. N. S. Parinam 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Check temperature, blood pressure and heart rate

Detailed Answer:

You might be worried that your symptoms are due to spider bite. There is a chance of it as well. To confirm if you have any after effects get temperature, BP while sitting and immediately after standing along with heart rate. if there is difference please inform at VA facility.
Sinusitis is also known to cause dizziness in elderly. postural variation in BP is common amongst elderly.
Since serious concerns are ruled out after physical consultation at VA affairs hospital, you should trust in them.
Rest, ample water intake, pain medication with Tylenol should help pain else go back to your doctor.
Dr. V. N. S. Parinam