What causes dizziness, rapid heart rate and shaky hands?
Most likely due to worsening hypoglycemic episodes.
Hello Mr XXXX,
Thank you for your query.
Your symptoms do fit a typical hypoglycemic episode. Since you have been diagnosed to be suffering from hypoglycemia, it is prudent to consider that as the cause for this increased incidence of dizziness, tachycardia (rapid heart rate), tremors and disorientation.
Gabapentin can also cause similar symptoms and it could be possible that your hypoglycemic episodes are being exaggerated due to Gabapentin.
I would request you to visit your treating physician at the earliest and get your blood glucose levels monitored. (For starters, you can monitor your glucose levels at home as well, with a glucometer, measure the glucose levels whenever you start experiencing these symptoms, that way you can be sure about hypoglycemia).
If it is not hypoglycemia, then reducing the dose of gabapentin might help.
Please also discuss with your neurologist about the dose reduction.
I hope this answers your query, please do write back to me if you have additional queries.
Wishing you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes shakiness rapid heart rate
- Rapid heart rate breathing rate causes of this increase
- Rapid heart rate nausea shakiness dizziness symptom
- Rapid heart rate dizziness anxiety
- What causes rapid heart rate for hours after exercise
- Causes of rapid heart rate
- Hands tingling rapid heart rate
- What is rapid heart rate
- Headache rapid heart rate dizziness
- Dizziness in rapid heart rate in pregnancy
- Feeling dizzy, loss of balance, headaches. Not able to say right words....
- Elevated AST and MPV. No fever, blood disorders or anaemia. Any reason?
- Had nasal injury and bleeded. Have asymmetrical nose and problem in...
- Suffering from extreme dry mouth. Could I ask a doctor?
- Feeling sleepy after taking lisinopril. Can I stop the medication?
- Had a seizure and sustained additional fractures on back. Suffered...
- Baby has coffee stain on back. Has jaundice. What could this be?
- Have periodic involuntary eye movements. Feeling like things in room are...
- Can I take prednisone for the flareups of emphysema?
- Abdomen on left side bulges when I start to get erection. It is painful...