• question-icon

What causes dizziness, nausea and tingling sensation in the left arm?

Posted on Mon, 17 Jul 2017 in Brain and Spine
Question: Went to the ER this past week for dizziness, nausea , left arm tingling and palpatations. Long story short all tests cames back ok. Diagnosed with vertigo? Was given medicine for nausea and dizziness. Symptoms have not subsided...in fact the tingling is worst, the left side of my face is numb. I am very weak and nausea and dizziness is still there. Cat scan was done, blood work was done and urine work was done. All showed nothing BUT something isn't right. Do I just wait and go see a MD tomorrow or head back to ER. Don't want to waste time or money on unnecessary tests.
Answered by Dr. Olsi Taka 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Should wait.

Detailed Answer:
I read your question carefully and I understand your concern.

Judging from your description the ER doctors have done the necessary emergency setting tests to exclude threatening issues, you should feel reassured that there is no dangerous, life threatening issue.

I think you should wait and see your MD tomorrow. At the ER they will most probably tell you urgent matters have been excluded and refer to your MD, or simply repeat the same tests. If there is something wrong which warrants a specialist consult or additional tests like MRI to be scheduled the MD is the best way to initiate the necessary procedures. Again I think the fact tests have come back normal is very reassuring, might be that anxiety is playing at least some partial role, but if you still do not feel well I think it is better to wait for the MD.

I remain at your disposal for other questions.
Dr. Olsi Taka

Neurologist