What causes dizziness, nausea and headache?

Posted on Fri, 16 May 2014 in Infections
Question: Hi - Ive had sympotoms for the past week/10 days. Dizziness, nausea associated. Headaches. Have seen a gp and was told it was a virus. Definatly not improving. Also had steady weight gain despite running 3 - 4 times a week (sympotms permitting) and being reasonably carefully with what/amounts I eat
Answered by Dr. Eris Ranxha 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Vertigo

Detailed Answer:
Dear
I am sorry for the symptoms you are suffering
It seems you are experiencing vertigo.
You don't need to worry to much.
Avoid fast movements especially during changing your body position (turning your head)
Discuss with your doctor about my opinion and the possibility to start betahistine which will relief your symptoms
It isn't something serious so don't worry too much
Hope my answer helps you
Wish you all the best
Dr Eris Ranxha
Neurologist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Eris Ranxha

Neurologist