What causes dizziness in the morning with skipped heart beats?

Cardiologist, Interventional
Question
Start feeling dizzy 15-20 mins after I get up in morning. Goes away after a quick nap or swimming. Diagnosed with sinus arrythimia. Have frequent skipped beats
Posted Tue, 12 Aug 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Prabhakar C Koregol 37 minutes later
Hello
It seems from the history that you are having dizziness. This can be because of transient ischemia.
Sinus arrhythmias are known cause for this.
Hence this requires evaluation by a physician and treatment accordingly.

Thank you

Follow-up: What causes dizziness in the morning with skipped heart beats? 5 hours later
Does this mean my brain is not getting enough blood supply? Do I have high chances of stroke? Are heavy dark circles under my eyes the cause of this? My eyes seem heavy when I have dizziness. Why does dizziness go away after I take quick naps or after swimming. I am 5'8, 88 KG and have habits such as drinking and moderate smoking. Used to have high triglycerides around 700. No high cholesterol. Now on fenofibrate and atorvastatin from past 1 year. Also have mild gastritis and take prazoles for it. What sort of doctor should I visit? A cardiologist? My dizziness has gotten worse lately. What could be the cause of sinus arrythmia? Lifestyle or birth defect. What sort of treatment will I require? Sorry for too many questions but I hope you can answer all of them. Thanks in advance .
Follow-up: What causes dizziness in the morning with skipped heart beats? 18 hours later
I forgot to mention that I am 37 years old.

Answered by Dr. Prabhakar C Koregol 7 days later
Brief Answer:
No you don't have draw such serious conclusions

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for detailed description but still I need little more information.

First of all let me answer few things. Sinus arrhythmia is by and large a normal phenomenon and doesn't generally imply disease and its in fact absence of sinus arrhythmia may suggest disease states. And it by itself it won't produce any symptoms so one thing is certain you can stop worrying about it.

Dark heavy circles again have nothing to do with your brain and generally are skin changes in response to age and stress and generally benign and I also guess you are mixing heaviness with dark circle and heaviness is manifestation of fatigue or tiredness.

Coming to your dizziness since it is present only at rest and goes away with exercise it also could be only fatigue.

But few more details:
1. Did you ever fall because of giddiness?
2. Is there hearing problem or tinnitus(sound in the ear)?
3. Do you have any palpitation or breathlessness when you feel giddy?
4. Are there any eye symptoms like sudden darkness or double vision?

If none then you are fine and nothing to worry. If yes please get back to me with details.

Apologies if I have bored you with a long answer but was trying to make justice to your query.